Trough Belt Conveyor Design
CDI has extensive trough conveyor design and engineering experience and advanced conveyor design tools. Recognized internationally for our key involvement in some of the world’s longest, strongest, fastest, and most economical conveyor systems, our primary focus is optimizing the designs of overland conveyors and components to solve our clients’ unique mechanical, structural, control, electrical, terrain, and economic design challenges.
Our advanced design features include:
- Detailed conveyor design using in-house software Beltstat (static analysis) and Beltflex (dynamic analysis). Conveyor engineering using advanced software package like Finite Element Modeling and Discrete Element Modeling.
- Energy saving design to using Low Rolling Resistance conveyor belt, to minimize the capital and operating cost up to 40%.
- Horizontally curved trough conveyor design.
- Advanced conveyor structure engineering
- Lightweight ground-based conveyor structure, using cold-formed sheet metal instead of hot-rolled steel sections.
- Advanced idler roll support design using offset roll arrangement and steel pipe transom. It utilize pipe elements and rounded or tapered idler support brackets. This design minimizes damage to the belt that occurs when an idler is lost while the belt is running.
- Lightweight elevated triangular truss conveyor structure using steel pipes; large 36m truss span to minimize civil cost. Walkways are replaced self-powered moving trolley, which reduces structural cost and improves maintenance efficiency.
- Optimized material transfer design using Discrete Element Modeling to reduce chute plug, minimize belt damage, and control dust generation.
- Conveyor reliability analysis including idler life calculation.
- Advanced conveyor control programming.