Conveyor Design Consulting
From Conception to Commissioning …. and Beyond
Whether you are a mine owner/operator, or a construction company, with a material handling project involving complex conveyor systems, CDI provides conveyor engineering services and conveyor design consulting services to assist you with:
- Static and dynamic analysis of conveyors using BELTSTAT and BELTFLEX software.
- Calculations of forces and tensions in vertical and horizontal curves.
- Conveyor design audits.
- Equipment sizing and specifications for all major conveyor components.
- Client representation for equipment vendor QA audits.
Transfer Station and Chute Design
- Transfer chute design and DEM analysis using ROCKY software. Design of multi-stage or booster drives.
- High-tension pulley design using PSTRESS and FEA.
- Belt construction design, especially pipe belts.
- Idler frame design.
- Light-weight idler ground module design.
- Light-weight elevated gantry or triangular truss design.
- Maintenance trolley design for elevated gantries and triangular trusses.
Control System Design
- PLC and HMI control programming for conveyor drives and brake systems.
- Design of speed control and monitoring instrumentation.
- Route selection.
- Feasibility and optimization studies.
- CAPEX and OPEX estimates.
Forensic Fault Analysis
- Laboratory testing of rheological properties of belt rubber compounds.
- Belt splice and reinforcement design and FEA analysis.
- Forensic analysis and problem solving of existing conveyor belt systems.
- Forensics of existing conveyors – data collection, analysis and operational problem solving.
- Commissioning of new conveyors– data collection, analysis and control system adjustments for conveyors designed by CDI.